- The Registrar's Office of the University of Ottawa does not allow enrolment for courses with a time conflict.
- We reserve the right to refuse any request if the courses are compulsory, optional (technical electives) or complementary (electives) and if the student is taking the courses for the first time.
- A request for an exception may be accepted if a student has taken the compulsory or the optional (technical elective) course for the first time, failed it and is attending the course again.
- In accordance with the faculty regulations, participation in the course lectures, laboratories and discussion groups is mandatory. In order to meet the conditions of accreditation and to be admissible for the final exam in a subject, a student must have attended a minimum of 80% of the course and must not have more than five unauthorized or unjustified absences.
Procedure to submit a request
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria’s and the requirements before submitting your application. Requests that do not meet the requirements will be refused.
- You must also obtain the approval of at least one of the two professors in writing. They must confirm that their course (as well as their other components, if applicable) will be recorded, therefore offered in asynchronous mode. You will need to attach their confirmation email to your request.
- Once you have met the requirements of points 1 and 2, please submit the form by email to email@example.comOttawa.ca and attach the professor(s) email confirmation.
Please note the following:
- Your request will be forwarded to your program coordinator.
- All requests sent directly to the program coordinator will be rejected.
- We will communicate the decision by email within five to ten business days.
|Department/program||Minimum CGPA required|
|Chemical and Biological Engineering (CHG)||7.0|
|Civil Engineering (CVG)||7.0|
|Computer Engineering (CEG)||7.0|
|Computer Science (CSI)||7.0|
|Electrical Engineering (ELG)||7.0|
|Mechanical Engineering (MCG) and Biomedical Engineering (MGB)||7.0|
|Software Engineering (SEG)||7.0|