Undergraduate Studies Office
Please note that our team is working remotely until further notice. You can contact us by email during regular business hours. Thank you for your understanding.
Academic information for students
Newly admitted students
- Important: The last day to withdraw from a course or an activity (no financial credit) for the winter 2020 term has been postponed to April 4, 2020.
- Exam schedule: in uoZone (under Applications, select My Exam Schedule)
- Deferring a final exam
- Due to the specialized nature of its programs, the Faculty only allows engineering students, or previously admitted students upgrading their academic standing, to register for engineering and computer science courses, unless given a special permission.
Retaking mandatory courses
- If you have failed a mandatory course for a second time, you must ask for permission to retake the course a third time in order to be able to continue your program of studies. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.orgOttawa.ca.
Upgrading academic standing
- Students can upgrade their academic standing by taking approved courses at the Faculty.
Forms and requests
|Form and requests||Deadline||Note|
|Advanced standing request||Before the beginning of the term|
|Attestation of studies request (PDF)||Allow 5 to 10 business days|
|Letter of permission request||
Fall - August 15
|Allow 20 business days|
|Permission for course scheduling conflict between two courses|
|Prerequisite waiver request||When the final marks from the previous term are considered official|
|Projects and theses - registration forms||Same as course registration|
For the time being, our services will only be available by email and Microsoft Teams.
Schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor via:
- Email: email@example.comOttawa.ca
- Tel. : 613-562-5918 (option 4 - leave a voicemail)
Access to Microsoft Teams as an application:
STE 1020 (map)
800 King Edward Ave.
Ottawa ON Canada
September 1 to May 31:
Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
June 1 to August 31:
Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Vice-Dean (Undergraduate Studies)
Supervisor of Academic Services
Student Experience Officer