Undergraduate Studies Office
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our on-campus services (SITE1020) are suspended until the end of the winter 2021 term. Our virtual service platforms (email and Microsoft Teams) remain available during our regular office hours. Thank you for your understanding.
NEW: Virtual Waiting Line & Online Appointment Booking
If you would like to meet virtually in Teams with an Officer from the Undergraduate Studies Office or make an appointment with a specialist, you can join our virtual line. Simply choose our kiosk from the list of available locations.
Academic information for students
Newly admitted students
- Exam schedule: in uoZone (under Applications, select My Exam Schedule)
- Deferring a final exam
- Due to the specialized nature of its programs, the Faculty only allows engineering students, or previously admitted students upgrading their academic standing, to register for engineering and computer science courses, unless given a special permission.
Retaking mandatory courses
- If you have failed a mandatory course for a second time, you must ask for permission to retake the course a third time in order to be able to continue your program of studies. Please send your request to email@example.comOttawa.ca.
Upgrading academic standing
- Students can upgrade their academic standing by taking approved courses at the Faculty.
- All document submission should be sent to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.orgOttawa.ca. Here is the procedure to follow for official transcripts:
- Order an official transcript from the educational institution;
- When you receive your transcript at home, please take a photo of the sealed envelope;
- Open the envelope and scan the transcript that you will send to the above email address including the envelope photos.
Forms and requests
|Form and requests||Deadline||Note|
|Advanced standing request||Fall - August 15
Winter - December 15
|Allow 15 to 20 business days|
|Attestation of studies request (PDF)|
|Letter of permission request||
Fall - August 15
|Allow 20 business days|
|Permission for course scheduling conflict between two courses||Fall - September 15
Winter - January 15
|Prerequisite waiver request||
Fall - September 15
|Allow 10 to 15 business days|
|Projects and theses - registration forms||Same as course registration|
For the time being, our services will only be available by email and Microsoft Teams.
Meet virtually in Teams with an Officer or make an appointment with a specialist:
Access to Microsoft Teams as an application:
STE 1020 (map)
800 King Edward Ave.
Ottawa ON Canada
Online Office Hours
September 1 to May 31:
Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4: 30 p.m.
June 1 to August 31:
Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Vice-Dean (Undergraduate Studies)
Supervisor of Academic Services
Student Experience Officer