Areas of research
Destination 2020 outlines four major strategic goals: research excellence, internationalization, the student experience, and bilingualism. The vision for research excellence is to rank among the top 5 Canadian universities in research intensity, and to rank among the top 100 worldwide in its strongest areas of research.
Chemical and Biological Engineering
Professors and students are actively pursuing research in cutting-edge laboratories in order to improve the physical infrastructure of our society for the benefit of humanity.
Mechanical engineering is a very broad field of research: it encompasses machines, materials, energy, manufacturing, automation, biomedical engineering, aerospace, and much more.
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Opportunities for joint research exist at all levels, from exploratory research to contract research, from sponsoring a student to supporting a project, and many variations in between.
- Bioinformatics and biomedical engineering
- Broadband networks
- Distributed computing and computer architectures
- Electromagnetism, radio-frequencies and microwaves
- Information management and data mining
- Multimedia and interactive virtual environments
- Privacy and security
- Robotics, machine vision and autonomous systems
- Software engineering
- Speech, audio, image, video processing
- Text analysis and machine learning
- Theory of computing
- Wireless communications
- Wireless networks and mobile computing