Myint Win Bo
Myint Win Bo
Office: 807 626-1312
Work E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Myint Win Bo is a practising engineer as well as educator and researcher in geotechnical engineering, engineering geology and hydrogeology. Dr. Bo has been practicing in the engineering, geology, science and environmental fields in four continents (Far East, Pacific, Europe and North America) around the world over the last 30 years.
Dr. Bo was also a geotechnical designer for many award winning projects around the world. His skills and scientific contributions in the field of civil/geotechnical engineering have been recognized via publications in international journals and conferences. He has published three textbooks, two book chapters, 50 referred international journal papers and 80 referred conference papers.
Dr. Bo holds many science and engineering degrees and professional titles from numerous professional societies. Dr. Bo is also contributing to the industry through national and international professional societies as a committee member. He is a reviewer for many international journals and has also been assisting in the conference advisory committee for countless international conferences.
Dr. Bo has also been giving special and keynote lectures in Tertiary Institutions, Professional Societies and International Conferences. Dr. Bo has always been practicing in the industry while consistently in collaboration with academic institutions. He is supervising many doctoral students, as well as serving as adjunct professor for many universities.
Fields of Interest
- Specialized In-situ testing
- Advanced laboratory testing
- Ground Improvement
- Ground Engineering
- Finite Element Modelling
- Sustainable reuse of waste material in construction
- Waste mechanics
- Compressibility of ultra-soft soil
- Geotechnical instrumentation and observational method
- Slope stabilization
- Electrochemical ground improvement techniques
- Sustainable reuse of biosolids as a road base material. Joint research with Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, Funded by Vic Road, Australia.
- Sustainable reuse of Demolition waste as a road base material. Joint research with Swinburne University of Technology, Australia.
- Sustainable use of dredged cohesive soils in foreshore land reclamation.Joint research with James Cook University, Australia. Funded by Australia Research Council.
- Experimental study on accelerated consolidation tests. Funded by National Research Council, Canada
- Experimental study to obtain empirical and theoretical correlation between cone penetration test data and geotechnical parameters for soft clay in Thunder Bay.