Partnerships and collaboration
The world is rapidly changing, and to move forward we must continuously learn and innovate.
Join forces with uOttawa Engineering and share your passion for solving real-world problems with our vibrant community of over 130 enterprising researchers and 6000 students. Collaborate with our growing network of professionals and young talents to innovate and advance your R&D or to ensure the succession of your team. Build your personal legacy, by supporting initiatives that are important to you, and will make a difference to better the world.
Together, let’s make the future.
As one of the top 10 research universities in Canada, research is a core part of what we do. Take advantage of the vast breadth of expertise and talent we can offer from our state-of-the-art facilities and research leaders.
Opportunities for joint research exist at all levels; from exploratory research to contract research, from sponsoring a student to supporting a project, and many variations in between.
University-based research can be very cost-effective for your company and, in most cases, your support can be leveraged to obtain additional grants from government agencies.
Areas of research
Explore the possibilities and find researchers in each of our 5 research areas.
- Enabling technologies for health care and augmented life
- Technology for digital transformation of society
- Sustainable and resilient infrastructure
- Emerging materials and processes
- Photonics for devices, networks and energy
Research by academic unit
Find researchers by traditional academic fields of research.
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Our researchers actively participate in the following uOttawa institutes:
- Centre for Advanced Materials Research (CAMaR)
- Centre for Catalysis Research and Innovation (CCRI)
- LIFE Research Institute
- Medical Devices Innovation Institute (MDII)
Gain access to our facilities and experts. We are open for business.
Research training programs for hiring or finding employment.
- Biomedical Engineering Smartphone Training (CREATE-BEST)
- Training in Optoelectronics for Power: From Science and Engineering to Technology (CREATE TOP-SET)
- CREATE TRANSIT
Find an expert
Other ways to find our experts or to connect.
Take your innovation further
Recruit top talent
Our faculty is home to over 6000 students full of talent! From first-year energetic to design focused students, from entrepreneurs to research focused graduate students.
Our students are dynamic, creative, and engaged. They are ready to make the future.
Make the future with us
Sometimes, a little help is all we need to launch! For our students, that little bit of support can make a world of difference, whether it be a scholarship, new equipment, or even just some advice.
Together we can help make the future by providing more opportunities for students to reach their full potential.
Help shape the future:
- Judge at competitions and events
- Collaborate as industry
- Guest lecture
- Hire a student for an internship
- Sponsor an event, competition or project
- Suggest a client-based design project for our students
- Support initiatives to help students or progress meaningful research
Mentorship and coaching opportunities
- Become a special advisor for our MakerLaunch Startups
- Become a mentor for the Women Startup Network
Join forces with us at uOttawa-Kanata North
Academia and industry join forces to drive innovation. As a platform for exchanging knowledge, uOttawa-Kanata North will build the capital’s very own epicentre of innovation — one collaboration at a time.