Please note: our in-person programs are currently full.
*Our in-person camps will be held under the condition that Provincial restrictions allow summer camps to operate. We will be following Ottawa public health and University guidelines.*
Completion of Grade 2-Grade 7 by summer 2021, depending on the camp.
Please consult the table below for the grade requirements for each camp. Please note that the grades indicated in our schedule refer to the grade that the participant must have completed this academic year
- Camp groups are bilingual (English and French)
- EngTech: University of Ottawa, 800 King Edward Avenue, SITE (map).
- EngSci: University of Ottawa, 800 King Edward Avenue, SITE (map).
- 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- We offer free before & after care from 8:30 a.m to 9:00 a.m and 4:00 p.m. to 4:30p.m
- Please drop off your child no earlier than 8:30 a.m. and pick them up no later than 4:30 p.m. Our instructors are unable to stay with your child after 4:30 p.m. We are therefore not responsible for your child outside of these hours.
Lunch is not provided by the camp. We ask that all campers bring their own peanut/nut-free lunch. Lunches are eaten at the cafeteria, in classrooms or outside. Please note that microwaves are not always readily available. Campers are asked not to bring any money to camp.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we are unable to provide a pizza lunch on Fridays. Therefore, campers need to provide their own lunch for every day of the week.
- $300 per week ($250 per week for 4-day weeks, due to civic holidays)
Our EngSci camp is designed for youth who have just completed grade 2 to students who completed grade 4. This camp will give them the opportunity to discover and learn through projects such as chemistry experiments, physics challenges, 3D printing, electrical circuits, robotics, coding & much more!
Our EngTech camp is designed for youth who have completed grades 5 to 7, and it will give participants an opportunity to use real computer science labs! Campers will get to work on a variety of computer-based projects like animation, programming, game creation, 3D modeling & web design. Participants will also get the opportunity to do hands-on projects relating to engineering and technology.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we are unable to enter any specialized laboratories during the summer 2021.
Summer 2021 uOttawa Campus Camps Schedule
|Dates||Grade 2 to 4||Grade 5 to 7|
|July 5th to 9th||EngSci 1||EngTech 1|
|July 12th to 16th||EngSci 2||EngTech 2|
|July 19th to 23rd||EngSci 3||EngTech 3|
|July 26th to 30th||EngSci 4||EngTech 4|
|August 3rd to 6th**||EngSci 1||EngTech 1|
|August 9th to 13th||EngSci 2||EngTech 2|
|August 16th to 20th||EngSci 3||EngTech 3|
|August 23rd to 27th||EngSci 4||EngTech 4|
**August 3rd to 6th is a 4-day week due - holiday on August 2nd.
Are the same projects repeated each year?
For our summer camps, similar types of projects are repeated from year to year such as 3D printing and chemistry experiments. The specific projects themselves differ each year.
Why are some camps numbered? (Ex: EngSci 2)
The numbers 1 through 4 simply represent the number of different weeks of camp. For example, there are four different weeks of EngSci. The format and schedule are the same each week, but the projects are different. It is therefore possible for a camper to take part in four consecutive weeks of EngSci without repeating the same projects. The weeks are independent from one another and are non-cumulative. It is therefore possible for your child to attend week 4 before week 2 without a problem. The activities are different from the ones on campus. The same projects will be repeated at all off-campus locations.
How do I make a change to my registration?
Please e-mail us at adventures@uOttawa.ca or call us at 613-562-5491 to request any changes to your registration. If you wish to modify the camp language, type of camp, or camp location we would be happy to accommodate your request, given that there are spots available.
Unfortunately we cannot accommodate schedule changes (regarding the date of the camp) with less than two weeks’ notice before the start of the camp you're requesting to change.
I am currently on a waiting list. What is the next step?
Our team will contact you if a spot arises, and advise you on how to proceed with payment. You can contact our team to determine where you are on the waiting list by calling the Engineering Outreach Office.
What is your behavioural policy?
If behavioural problems should arise with your child: an administrator will contact you regarding the incident, and if necessary, they will issue a warning.
If the problem persists or is unacceptable: the participant may be removed from our summer program. We absolutely do not tolerate any violence, bullying or disrespect in our programs.
Refund and Coupon Code Policies
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- You may cancel your registration up to two weeks before the start date of your registered camp and receive a refund.
- However, a $30 administrative fee will be charged for every refund.
- We cannot offer a refund if a cancellation is made with less than two weeks’ notice.
Coupon Code Details and Exclusions
- Valid for specific dates only.
- Valid online only.
- Coupon Codes may not work on all programs and may not be applied to programs that are on sale.
- To redeem a coupon, enter the coupon code during the checkout process.
- Only one coupon can be used per purchase.
- Coupons cannot be applied after the purchase is complete. If you forgot to use your coupon code and it is now expired, watch for new coupons and offers in the future. If the coupon code is not expired, please use the coupon code on your next order.
- The value of the coupon discount will not be refunded on cancellations. (**please note that we have a 30$ non-refundable administration fee for any cancellation done 2 weeks prior to the program and no refunds will be given with less than two weeks’ notice).
Do the kids get to go outside and exercise or are they inside all day long?
The campers get breaks throughout the day to go outside and play, weather permitting.
If my child and their friend are both registered for the same camp, will they be grouped together?
There are multiple groups within each program, so please indicate in the comments section of your registration if you would like your child to be placed with a friend or family member.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee any groupings (especially if the children's languages, grades or camps are different). We will do our best to accommodate your request. No group changes will be made after 12 p.m. on the first day of camp.
Scent free zone
Help us keep the air we share healthy and fragrance-free. The chemicals used in scented products can make some people sick, especially those with fragrance sensitivities, asthma, allergies and other medical conditions. Please do not wear perfume, cologne, aftershave and other fragrance. Use unscented personal care products.