Beat the winter blues with some fun Coding Game! Register for our online workshops and have fun with your kids while learning programming!
- For children in grade 2 to grade 7.
- Parents have to stay for the program and are invited to participate with their child!
English only, unless stated otherwise.
- Online - Workshops are hosted on Microsoft Teams
Events, Dates and Times
Celebrate Science Literacy Week from September 20th to 26th 2021! This year's theme is "Climate Change".
Planting Tree coding activity (for Grade 3 to 7)
- September 23rd, 2021, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Planting trees helps to reduce our carbon footprint and improve the air quality too! Join us to celebrate the Science Literacy week from September 20th to 26th! During this fun Family night participants will learn more about programming with Scratch, a kids’ friendly software, to create a drone game, used to plant more trees!
Scratch Coding Game: Get vaxxed! (for Grade 4 to 7)
- October 13 (English) and October 14 (French), 2021, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- During this workshop, participants will use Scratch, a kids' friendly software to learn coding concepts to simulate disease transmission in a population and how vaccine can have a counter-effect to the virus!
Scratch Halloween Coding Activity (for Grade 3 to 7)
- October 28, 2021, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- In this fun Halloween theme game, participants will use Scratch to create and code a unique Halloween ping pong game!
Having Fun with Math (for Grade 2 to 7)
- November 9, 2021, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Who said math is boring and difficult? Join us for a fun evening to learn cool mathematical magic tricks, games and fun facts about math!
Having Fun with Science (for Grade 2 to 7)
- November 23, 2021, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Join us to discover cool demonstrations and scientific experiments! During this virtual workshop, families will be amazed with chemical reactions, fantastic forces and physics tricks!
Tinkercad 3D design: Create your Christmas ornament! (for Grade 4 to 7)
- December 15, 2021 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- During this workshop, participants will learn how to use Tinkercad to create a 3D model of a holiday ornament. You need to create an account on Tinkercad.com/join before the workshop. (Grade 4 to 7)
- Please register each child, but you don't need to do a separate registration for the parent.
Refund and cancellations policy
If you are registered and can no longer attend, you can transfer your registration to another family event of the same school year, up to 1 week before the event. Please email us at email@example.com to change your registration. Less than 7 days before the event, you won't be able to change the date of the event.
There will be no refunds issued.