Outreach Programs jobs
Summer camps instructor - University
If you are positive, energetic, and great with kids and have a desire to share your passion for teaching science and engineering with others, then you’ve come to the right place!
Engineering Outreach is looking for undergraduate engineering, science, and education students from the University of Ottawa who are interested in developing curriculum and teaching engineering/science to youth (5 to 17 years old) through summer camps, workshops, clubs, and events.
Contract dates: April 27th to August 28th, 2020
Check out our information session Wednesday, January 15th at 4 p.m. in CBY C03 (Free pizza included!)
Application deadline: Thursday, January 16th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Summer camps instructor - High school
Engineering Outreach is looking for high school students who are interested in teaching engineering and science to kids through hands-on summer camp activities. Camps are located on-campus (University of Ottawa), as well as in Barrhaven, Orleans, Kanata, or Casselman.
Contract dates: June 24th* to August 28th, 2020
*The start date may change depending on final exams.
Application deadline: Tuesday, January 28th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
High school teacher - Summer program
The Faculty of Engineering Secondary School is looking to hire Graduate students from the Faculty of Engineering, Teachers and teacher candidate at the Faculty of Education to teach Design and Computer Science course during the summer for high school students.
- TDJ1O - Exploring Technological Design (June 29th to July 24th, 2020)
- TDJ2O - Technological Design (July 27th to August 21st, 2020)
- ICS2O - Creative Computing: Introduction to Computer Studies (June 29th to July 24th, 2020)
- ICS3U - WebDev Bootcamp: Introduction to Computer Science (July 27th to August 21st, 2020)
Preparation: (January 6th to June 12th) Approximately 40 hours of preparation on your own time, with monthly meetings
Course: (Either in July or August) 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday during the course dates for a total of 160 hours
Application deadline: December 5th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
For any questions please contact Carolyne Bjerring at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About uOttawa Engineering Outreach
Engineering Outreach at the University of Ottawa reaches youth, teachers, parents, and professionals through multiple programs, such as summer camps, workshops, events, clubs, private high school, and much more. Engineering Outreach inspires over 45, 000 youth every year in science and engineering by engaging them in hands-on activities and experiences. We also have specific programs for girls in STEM, at-risk kids, indigenous communities, and newcomers to Canada.
Why should you work for the uOttawa Engineering Outreach?
- Join a small, fast-growing team, of open-minded and enthusiastic young adults.
- Our group is open to new ideas. Make a difference!
- Learn how to incorporate technology into the education field!
- Acquire new competencies on developing Makerspace and STEAM activities.
- Create connections with teachers, professors, and staff at the University of Ottawa.
- A work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, respect, and appreciates, as well as facilitates a healthy work-life balance.
Contact us at adventures@uOttawa.ca
For more information about our programs, please visit adventures.uOttawa.ca