Outreach Programs jobs
- Do you enjoy working with our future generation?
- Are you interested in incorporating technology into your set of skills?
- Would you like to create and teach your own credited high-school course?
Engineering Outreach at the University of Ottawa, Faculty of Engineering, is looking for a full-time bilingual Faculty of Education student to design, teach, and deliver programming for students from kindergarten to high school on technological concepts such as 3D printing, coding, and robotics.
About uOttawa Engineering Outreach:
Engineering Outreach at the University of Ottawa reaches youth, teachers, parents, and professionals through multiple programs, such as summer camps, workshops, events, clubs, private high school, and much more. Engineering Outreach inspires over 45, 000 youth every year in science and engineering by engaging them in hands-on activities and experiences. We also have specific programs for girls in STEM, at-risk kids, indigenous communities, and newcomers to Canada.
Why should you work for the uOttawa Engineering Outreach?
- Join a small, fast-growing team, or open-minded and enthusiastic young adults.
- Our group is open to new ideas. Make a difference!
- Learn how to incorporate technologies into the education field!
- Acquire new competencies on developing Makespace and STEAM activities.
- Work with technology every day!
- Create connections with teachers, professors, and staff at the University of Ottawa.
- Get a competitive salary, group insurance coverage, and an employee and family assistance program.
- A work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, respect, and appreciates, as well as facilitates a healthy work-life balance.
Are you interested in becoming a student mentor at the Workshop (the engineering and computer science mentoring centre) for the Winter semester in 2020?
We are looking for a passionate student in the following programs: Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering who will join the dynamic team at the Workshop (located at STE 1030).
We currently have one available positions to fill for the winter semester (January 2020 to April 2020). Bilingualism is an asset. Please share your resume at engineering.mentor@uOttawa.ca before May 30, 2019.
Visit The Workshop!
- Strong academic record
- Is knowledgeable about the campus, its faculties and services
- Possess strong communication, organization and leadership skills
- Is capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Is interested in helping others; must be empathetic to students needs
- Demonstrates a strong sense of discretion and professionalism