- Unit: Marketing and Communications, Faculty of Engineering
- Job reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager, Faculty of Engineering
- Hourly rate: $16.00 / hour (10-15 hours / week)
- Employment period: February 1st to June 14th, 2019
Do you believe in the importance of education? Do you like engineering? Do you want to meet Canada's most distinguished engineering researchers and professors? Want to further develop your management and planning skills? This job could be perfect for you!
The Event Coordinator will work within the Faculty of Engineering’s Marketing and Communications team with a focus on the 2019 Canadian Engineering Education Association Conference, held at the University of Ottawa from June 9 to June 12, 2019. He or she will provide support for various tasks associated with the conference, including logistics and volunteer management.
These tasks include, but are not limited to, volunteer recruitment and management leading up to and throughout the conference. The candidate will also assist with event support and logistics and participate in various administrative tasks.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing in English (Bilingualism, French and English, is an asset)
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Must demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to work autonomously
- Strong results orientation and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must have a upbeat, can-do attitude
Volunteer Recruitment and Management
- Works with Marketing and Communications team and organizing committee to determine volunteer needs and ensure adequate volunteer coverage and appropriate placement of volunteers
- Drafts and reviews different volunteer descriptions and tasks
- Develop and implement effective strategies to recruit volunteers with appropriate skills
- Serves as the primary contact for volunteers from February to June, 2019
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the volunteer experience, processes and procedures
- Creates volunteer schedule
- Ensures adequate training is provided for volunteers by developing and leading volunteer training session(s) prior to the conference
- Be the primary on-site contact for volunteers and ensure they receive the appropriate level of supervision throughout the conference
Administration and Event Support
- Attends CEEA 2019 planning committee meetings when schedule allows
- Organizes and tracks volunteer recruitment progress and ensure that committee members can access information easily
- Coordinates printing of collateral materials, such as name badges and directional signage
- Helps to develop and populate the content for the conference Guidebook app
- Works with Marketing and Communications team and volunteer crew to do event set up and on-site signage
- Other tasks related to the CEEA 2019 conference as required
To apply, submit your resume to Valérie Samson, at vsamson@uOttawa.ca, by January 31st.
Outreach Programs jobs
Engineering Outreach at the University of Ottawa is looking for high school students who are interested in teaching engineering/science to kids through our hands-on summer camps on-campus and/or in Alta Vista, Barrhaven, Kanata, or Orleans.
Contract dates: June 25th* - August 24, 2018
Working dates: Monday - Friday
Working hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., occasionally 7:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Deadline to apply: January 28, 2018
- E-mail us at adventures@uOttawa.ca
- For more information, please visit adventures.uOttawa.ca
* The start date will be deferred to June 26th if exams are scheduled for the 25th.