Engineering Information Technology Services
- A service available to members of the Faculty of Engineering. It allows users to run lab software remotely on their personal computer.
- A program (formerly Microsoft Imagine) that enables members of the Faculty of Engineering to access Azure services and download Microsoft software design and development tools at no charge. The authentication is with your uoAccess identity.
Computer labs and study areas
Access to the labs and areas
All computer labs are accessible to students, professors, and employees of the Faculty of Engineering. To use our computer labs, enter your credentials as follows:
- Your uoAccess identity, ie. The short name in front of your '@uOttawa.ca' address (for example jdoe123), or
- Your full uOttawa email address (e.g. jdoe123@uOttawa.ca)
- Your uoAccess password.
- Available to all Faculty of Engineering students
- Hours: open daily from 6 a.m. to midnight.
- Rooms: STE 0110, CBY B102 and CBY B105
- Available to students who are taking EECS courses with lab components that require special equipment.
- Rooms: STE 2061, CBY B109C, CBY B302, CBY B402 and CBY B519.
- Available to Faculty of Engineering graduate students (as a computer lab and workspace area)
- Room: STE 2051
- To access the room: A magnetic card is required. It can be obtained from the administrative office in room STE 5105. A deposit of $ 20 and the completion of WHMIS training are required.
- The teaching labs are classrooms equipped with computers and are used to teach computing lab sections. Access is restricted to students who are registered to these courses. A professor or teaching assistant is responsible for the opening of these rooms.
- Rooms: STE 0130, STE 0131, STE 2052, STE 2060 and CBY B02.
- Available to all Faculty of Engineering students.
Individual work area:
- A silent area.
- Furnished with individual cubicles. Each cubicle can accommodate laptop users with a power outlet and a 22" monitor.
- Room: CBY C010.
Group work areas:
- These are moderate silence areas. Priority is given to groups of 3 or more students.
- Furnished with collaborative work tables, equipped with a Faculty of Engineering lab PC and monitor. The monitor can also be connected to laptops via HDMI or VGA cables.
- Rooms: CBY B109D and CBY C08.
Self-serve printers - Relmon
Self-serve printers location at our faculty
- Monochrome: CBY B105, STE 1000D and STE 0110.
- Color: STE 1000D.
Printing and photocopying options
- A document that is submitted for printing can be printed on any self-serve printer on campus. If the printer is out of order, you can use any other self-serve printer to print your document.
- You can print documents directly from your laptop.
- You can print and scan documents by using a USB key on the self-serve photocopiers. These photocopiers are available in the basement of Colonel By Hall and in STE 1000D.
- A cash-to-card dispenser is available in STE 1000D.
- If your document did not or does not print, you can contact uOttawa Card Services at uOttawaCard@uOttawa.ca, 613-562-5893, or visit them in person at UCU Room 106 to discuss being refunded
If you notice a problem with a self-service printer, you can report it by calling 613 562-5800 at ext. 6856, or at email@example.comOttawa.ca.