Make the Future - Industry Insights, a new web series featuring engineering alumni.
The Faculty of Engineering at uOttawa presents Make the Future Industry Insights, a new web series hosted by Zoya Abou-Jaish, a fourth year Electrical Engineering student. While respecting social distancing, Zoya virtually met with faculty alumni to get a better idea of what's going on in their industry. She also took this opportunity to ask them questions about their career path since graduation.
Thanks to their knowledge and experience, alumni offer precious advice to students and young alumni as part of this web series. They reflect about what they could have done differently if they could go back in time. In conclusion, there are certainly some lessons to be learned from past economic crises.
Check out the list of guests
Zoya Abou-Jaish, fourth-year student, BASc in Electrical Engineering
- Catherine Cormier, VP, Engineering, at Assent Compliance, BASc in Computer Engineering, 1999, Engineering Graduate Certificate in E-Commerce, 2004, Master in Electronic Business Technologies, 2011
- Al Karim Somji, Founder and CEO of Zafin, BASc, Computer Science & Electrical Engineering, 1991
- David George, SVP, Business Development, & Co-Founder of Accedo.tv, BSc Honours Computer Science, 2003
- Aali R. Alizadeh, Co-Founder, President and CTO of Giatec, PhD in Civil Engineering, 2009
- Aydin Mirzaee, CEO of Fellow.app, BASc in Electrical Engineering, 2006
Check out the latest episodes
For more information
The Make the Future Industry Insights web series is produced by the Alumni Relations Department of the Faculty of Engineering.
Any questions or comments about the Make the Future Industry Insights web series? Please contact the following persons: