Health and safety
Are you ready?
Accessing a room or laboratory
To obtain keys and/or an access card, you must complete the Orientation and access form for new employees, students and volunteers and submit it to your departmental or school administration.
New personnel must complete an orientation form which can be obtained from the departmental administrative secretary.
- Accident, incident or occupational disease form
- Informed consent form for visitors and volunteers
- Hazardous waste regular collection request form
- Transfer request form for regular hazardous material
- This service is designed to transfer hazardous materials within uOttawa (on-site) and includes the pick-up at one location and the drop off at another location on campus. An example of this service would be: transferring a 4L bottle of acetone from main campus to ARC, transferring hazardous materials for laboratory relocation (moves within campus).
- Important note: this service does not include the relocation of non-hazardous equipment or materials.
- Project hazard assessment form: it is strongly recommended to complete this form before carrying out a new procedure or project
Training and responsibilities
- Job specific training
- General environmental and health & safety training
- WHMIS online
- Register for training
- Register for Dry Lab Risk Management training (for students in CVG, MCG and EECS)
- Register for Laboratory safety training (for students in CHG and CVG/Environmental engineering)
Documentation and procedures:
- Laboratory safety
- Health and safety policies and guidelines
- Occupational health and safety programs
- Hazardous waste management
- Designated substances, chemical and biological exposures