Studies made for you
Options with this program
This program is only offered in English.
- Engineering Design
- Entrepreneurial Engineering Design Internship
- Technology Entrepreneurship for Engineers and Computer Scientists
- Sales and Influence for Engineers
- Creativity and Innovation
- Entrepreneurial Engineering Design Internship I
Enhance your studies
All of the professors involved in the program have research directly related to or involving the design and creation of new technology and technology.
Key research themes are:
- Enabling technologies for health and augmented life
- Technology for digital transformation of society
- Sustainable and resilient infrastructure
- Emerging material and processes
- Photonics for devices, networks, and energy
CO-OP is not available with this program
Scholarships and bursaries
If you are looking for ways to finance your studies, the Faculty of Engineering and the University of Ottawa offer a lot of scholarships that could help you fund your studies. The University also offers financial support to help students reach their full potential.
To find what fits your needs best, please visit the Award and financial support website.
Things to know
Are you interested in this program? Check out the below sections to get ready and ensure that you meet all the requirements before applying.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with a specialization, or a major (or equivalent) in engineering, science, computer science, or a related discipline, with a minimum admission average of 80% (A-).
Note: International candidates must check the admission equivalencies for the diploma they received in their country of origin.
- Demonstrate a good academic performance and aptitude for design and entrepreneurship in previous studies as shown by official transcripts, project reports, or any other documents.
- Provide a statement of interest that answers the following questions:
- Why am I interested in this program?
- What is drawing me to the program?
- What skills, expertise and other qualities do I have that demonstrate my suitability for the program?
- What examples can I give to support my assertion that I have those skills?
- Provide a two-page summary of the design and business concept you want to work on during your master’s studies
- Provide a curriculum vitae
Applicants whose first language is neither French nor English must provide proof of proficiency in the language of instruction.
Note: Candidates are responsible for any fees associated with the language tests.
Opportunities with this degree