Studies made for you
Options with this program
This program is only offered in English.
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Medical Image Processing
- Ergonomics and designs
- Biological Signals
- Clinical Engineering
- Interactive Networked Systems and Telemedicine
- Advanced Health Care Engineering
Enhance your studies
The Institute benefits from the expertise of a number of prominent medical researchers and well established University of Ottawa medical research units including: the University of Ottawa Heart Institute and the University of Ottawa Eye Institute. In addition to the participating academic units listed above, a number of others are involved in the program through the research activities of some of their faculty members, or through graduate courses that may be taken as electives by students in the program.
Members of the Institute are engaged in four main research fields:
- Medical instrumentation
- Biomedical image processing
- Biomechanics and biomaterials
- Medical informatics
CO-OP is not available with this program
Scholarships and bursaries
If you are looking for ways to finance your studies, the Faculty of Engineering and the University of Ottawa offer a lot of scholarships that could help you fund your studies. The University also offers financial support to help students reach their full potential.
To find what fits your needs best, please visit the Award and financial support website.
Things to know
Are you interested in this program? Check out the below sections to get ready and ensure that you meet all the requirements before applying.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you need to:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree* with a specialization, or a major in mechanical engineering (or equivalent) with a minimum average of 70% (B).
- *International candidates must check the admission equivalencies for the diploma they received in their country of origin.
- Identify at least one professor who is willing to supervise your research project (does not apply to course based program).
- We recommend that you contact potential project supervisors as soon as possible.
- To enroll, you need to have been accepted by a project supervisor.
- The supervisor’s name is required at the time of application.
Applicants must be able to understand and fluently speak the language of instruction (English) in the program to which they are applying. Proof of linguistic proficiency may be required.
Applicants whose first language is neither French nor English must provide proof of proficiency in the language of instruction.
Note: Candidates are responsible for any fees associated with the language tests.
Opportunities with this degree
- Rehabilitation engineer
- Biomedical engineer