Studies made for you
Options with this program
This program is only offered in English.
- Systems Integration
- Image Processing and Image Communications
- Engineering Design
- Software Usability
- Systems Optimization and Management
- Entreprise Architecture
- Optical Communications Systems
- Operational Excellence and Lean Six Sigma
Enhance your studies
Key research themes are:
- Thermal and fluid engineering
- Solid mechanics and design
- Materials and manufacturing
- Controls and robotics
- Biomedical engineering
- Aeronautical and space engineering
Experience your future career and help fund your studies with the CO-OP program. With the Co-operative Education (CO-OP) Program, you can gain hands-on experience in your field of study while you complete your degree.
Some participating employers:
- ADVA Optical Networking NA Inc.
- Denis Sheet Metal (2000) Ltd
- FCA Canada Inc
- Honeywell Ltd.
- National Research Council Canada
Examples of tasks at work:
- Development and characterization of materials and coatings
- Development of manufacturing and coating processes
- Failure analysis
- Modelling and simulation
Scholarships and bursaries
If you are looking for ways to finance your studies, the Faculty of Engineering and the University of Ottawa offer a lot of scholarships that could help you fund your studies. The University also offers financial support to help students reach their full potential.
To find what fits your needs best, please visit the Award and financial support website.
Things to know
Are you interested in this program? Check out the below sections to get ready and ensure that you meet all the requirements before applying.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you need to:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree* with a specialization, or a major in mechanical engineering (or equivalent) with a minimum average of 70% (B).
- *International candidates must check the admission equivalencies for the diploma they received in their country of origin.
- Identify at least one professor who is willing to supervise your research project (does not apply to course based program).
- We recommend that you contact potential project supervisors as soon as possible.
- To enroll, you need to have been accepted by a project supervisor.
- The supervisor’s name is required at the time of application.
Applicants must be able to understand and fluently speak the language of instruction (English) in the program to which they are applying. Proof of linguistic proficiency may be required.
Applicants whose first language is neither French nor English must provide proof of proficiency in the language of instruction.
Note: Candidates are responsible for any fees associated with the language tests.
Opportunities with this degree
- Aeronautical/aerospace engineer
- Automotive engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Robotics/automation/controls engineer
Pursue your studies
Please visit the Professional Development Institute website if you are interested in developing various skills that could help you in taking your career to new heights.