This program is designed to be combined with a major or honors with specialization in a discipline other than science.
List of mandatory courses (30 credits)
|FALL||WINTER||FALL | WINTER|
|CSI2110 | Data Structures and Algorithms||YES|
|CSI2120 | Programming Paradigms||YES|
|ITI1100 | Digital Systems I||YES|
|ITI1120 | Introduction to Computing I||YES|
|ITI1121 | Introduction to Computing II||YES|
|MAT1348 | Discrete Mathematics for Computing||YES|
|6 optional credits from the list1||YES|
|6 optional credits in CSI or SEG 3000 level from the list1||YES|
1Suggested sequence of optional courses per field of interest. Note that some courses require prerequisites which are not part of the specific program requirements. Not all 4000 level courses are offered every year.
Suggested sequence for optional courses is per field of interest. Note that some courses require prerequisites which are not part of the specific program requirements. Not all 4000 level courses are offered every year.
For the Extended French Stream program, in addition to the above you will also have to fulfill the following requirements:
- The student must be admitted as an Anglophone in the program; the Admissions officers will ensure that the student is coming from an English high school and the student must pass a French proficiency test.
- The student must complete at least 42 credits in courses whose language of instruction is French. Note that bilingual courses such as research courses, do not count. However if the capstone project is solely completed in French, these credits can be applied against the 42 credits.
- A minimum of 6 credits (within the maximum of 42 credits) must be done in approved, non-technical courses such as Complementary studies courses or electives in the Humanities; it may also include courses within the Faculty of Engineering related to professional development, management and communication.
- 12 credits (within the minimum number of 42 credits) must be done in required first year courses, another 12 credits must be done in required second year courses within the program of study, and another 12 credits must be done in required third year courses within the program of study.
- Students must pass FLS3500. This test ensures that the immersion graduates are indeed fluently bilingual.