- Download the Advanced Standing Request Form
- N.B. Advanced standing is not considered official if it is not signed as approved by the Faculty of Engineering
- Identify the program for which the course(s) must be evaluated. For example, if you are requesting advanced standing for one or more courses in chemical engineering, please select chemical engineering.
- Complete the student information section. Clearly indicate:
- Student’s full name
- Student number
- Program of studies
- Complete the information related to the advanced standing request. Clearly indicate:
- The code and title of the course that has been taken
- Was the course taught by an accredited Professional Engineer (engineering courses only – ex: CHG, MCG, CVG, ELG, GNG) (proof required)
- The year in which the course was completed. The course description must be from the year the course was taken
- The number of hours of lecture courses per week (please make sure that this information is official)
- The number of hours of tutorials, laboratories and discussion groups per week (please make sure that this information is official).
- The code and title of the desired course at the University of Ottawa. Visit the Course Catalog to consult a list of courses offered by the Faculty of Engineering
- Attach a copy of the official and detailed course description: the official course description must come from a syllabus or the institution’s official calendar. If the official description has already been submitted, please attach a photocopy and indicate that the description has already been submitted.
- Send the request with the necessary documents at the Undergraduate Studies office in person at room 1020 at the SITE building or by email at bacinfo@Engineering.uOttawa.ca.
The Faculty of Engineering reserves the right to return any incomplete form.