Office: 613-562-5800 ext. 1924
Work E-mail: mfenech@uOttawa.ca
Dr. Fenech joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering in 2008 as an Assistant Professor. She received her Ph.D. in the biomedical field in 2003 from the University of Technology of Compiegne (UTC) in France.
For her doctoral research she worked on body fluid repartition during hemodialysis session. From 2003 to 2005 she worked at UTC as a researcher in hemodynamics and as a lecturer. In December, 2005 she arrived in Canada at the Research Center, University of Montreal Hospital to work on red blood cell aggregation. Her current research interests include biofluid dynamics and biorheology.
Fields of Interest
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biofluids: Dynamics and rheology
- Modeling and biomechanical simulation
- Biorheology, red blood c ell aggregation, microcirculation
- Blood flows
- Artificial organs, hemodialysis
- Bioimpedence and fluid transfer in the human body