uOttawa Maker Mobile Workshops
The uOttawa Maker Mobile delivers bilingual workshops in the Ottawa-Gatineau region, tailored to your needs!
- English, French, Immersion
- Each workshop is 75 minutes.
Exception: Advanced 3D printing or Laser cutting workshops are each between 2 and 2.5 hours. Please note that these 2 workshops count as 2 workshops in the schedule.
At your school or location:
- $495 for a full day (4 workshops, for up to 4 classes)
- $295 for morning only (2 workshops, for up to 2 classes)
- $350 for a full day (up to 4 workshops)
- $275 for half a day (up to 2 workshops)
- Maximum 30 students per workshop*
*The number of participants applies to workshops only. If you want us to be present as a kiosk at your next event, please indicate this in the request.
Our dynamic instructors will come to your school with the Maker Mobile!
The teacher must always remain in the classroom and will be required to complete a short evaluation at the end of the workshop.
- Classroom or laboratory with at least 2 electrical outlets.
- Weather permitting, the workshop could be held outside in a parking lot or on school property. We have tables and stools for all students.
- Access ramp to bring in the machinery (if available)
- “Advanced 3D printing” and “Laser cutting” must be the first session booked in the morning or afternoon since these workshops are a minimum of 2 hours. This is to allow for processing time of printing or cutting. For this reason, there's a maximum of two “Advanced 3D Printing” or “Laser cutting” workshops that can be booked each day.
Available workshops per class grade
Please note that each workshop is tailored for your class's grade and ability.
- Kindergarten: Bee-Bot, Codemakers Programming
- Grade 1-2: Bee-Bot, 3D Printing, Codemakers Programming, Laser Cutting, Little Bits
- Grade 3: 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, Codemakers Programming, Little Bits
- Grade 4: 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, Codemakers Programming, Scratch, Little Bits
- Grade 5: 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, Codemakers Programming, Scratch, Little Bits
- Grade 6: 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, Codemakers Programming, Scratch, Arduino
- Grade 7: 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, Scratch, Arduino, Programmable Electric Car
- Grade 8: 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, Arduino, Programmable Electric Car, Green Engineering
- Grade 9-12: 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, Arduino, Programmable Electric Car, Green Engineering, Electricity