Do you have a passion for design, technology and prototyping? Do you love creating, innovating and discovering new ways of doing things? If so, you might be in the run to win the Faculty of Engineering’s Maker Award.
This new $10 000 scholarship has been created to recognize a student with inspiring achievements in the fields of engineering, design and technology.
The recipient must display their hands-on projects, have the ability to work independently and create a
positive impact on a given community. He or she should possess exceptional aptitudes for self-efficacy outside of their academic activities, demonstrating resourcefulness and passion for their projects.
To be considered, the applicant must submit:
- A two page Curriculum Vitae
- A one minute video justifying why they deserve the award
- A Maker profile: this portfolio is an opportunity for students to showcase their projects which require creative insight, technical skills, and a “hands-on” approach to learning by making. The portfolio can include pictures, designs, prototypes etc.
A selection committee will review the submitted applications and will be holding interviews with each of the finalists.
Once the selection process is complete, finalists will be informed of the committee’s final selection.
The winner will be invited to the award ceremony, during Design Day, on March 30, 2018.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Be recognized for a design-related accomplishment in a formal or informal way
- Meet the Faculty of Engineering criteria of enrolment
- Must register as a full time student for the first time, in an undergraduate program at the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Engineering, for the entire academic year starting in September 2018
The Faculty of Engineering welcomes applicants who reflect the diverse nature of our country. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including women, members of visible minorities, indigenous people and people with disabilities.
The deadline to apply to this scholarship is January 31, 2018.