Are you ready?
Accessing a Room or Laboratory:
In order to obtain keys and/or an access card, you must complete a key or access card request form which can be obtained from the departmental administrative secretary.
New personnel must complete an orientation form which can be obtained from the departmental administrative secretary.
- Accident, Incident or occupational Disease Form
- Informed Consent Form for Visitors and Volunteers
- Hazardous Waste Regular Collection Request Form
- Transfer Request Form for Regular Hazardous Material (this service is designed to transfer hazardous materials within uOttawa (on-site) and includes the pick-up at one location and the drop off at another location on campus. An example of this service would be: transferring a 4L bottle of acetone from main campus to ARC, transferring hazardous materials for laboratory relocation (moves within campus)
Important Note: this service does not include the relocation of non-hazardous equipment or materials.
Training and responsibilities
- Job Specific Training
- General Environmental and Health & Safety Training
- WHMIS On Line
- Register for training
- Register for Laboratory safety training
- Register for Dry Lab Risk Management training
Documentation and Procedures
Laboratory Safety (orm.uottawa.ca/specific-activities/lab-safety).
- Health & Safety Policies and Guidelines (http://orm.uottawa.ca/about/policy-guides)
- Occupational Health & Safety Programs (http://orm.uottawa.ca/programs/occupational-health-safety)
- Hazardous Waste Management ( https://orm.uottawa.ca/programs/hazardous-waste )
- Designated Substances, Chemical and Biological Exposures (http://orm.uottawa.ca/specific-activities/designated-substance)
- Field Work (http://orm.uottawa.ca/specific-activities/field-work)
- After-hours access to laboratories
- Health, Safety and Risk Manager: Pierre Laflamme
- Facilities Manager: France Brazeau
- Facilities Officer: Pierre Lauzon