The Entrepreneurship Concepts Competition lets students present their innovative business plans to a panel of judges from the Ottawa community. Students are required to prepare a business plan with the support and guidance of experts. Then, they present their plan for the chance to win $5,000 for first place, $3,000 for second place, and $2,000 for third place.
Timeline for the Entrepreneurship Concepts Competition:
- January 15, 2017: Submission and evaluation of the written business plans for the purpose of selecting a maximum of 8 business projects to continue to the third and final phase of the competition
- January 22, 2017: Results of the second phase of the competition communicated to the participating students
- Early February: ‘Dry-run’ of the final oral presentations
- February 8, 2017: Final oral presentations and evaluation of the 8 finalist business projects to receive monetary awards totalling $10,000: The first, second, and third place projects will win $5,000, $3,000, and $2,000, respectively.
EC-PEI competition eligibility requirements:
- In the case of individual entries, participants will need to be registered students in any one of the undergraduate (UG) or graduate (G) programs of studies under the responsibility of the Faculty of Engineering during the fall and/or winter semesters
- In the case of team entries, a majority of the participants will need to be registered students in any of the UG or G programs of studies under the responsibility of the Faculty of Engineering during both the fall and winter semesters. In the particular case of teams comprising only two (2) individuals, this condition will be fulfilled if at least one (1) of the two team members meets these eligibility requirements