The Centre for Entrepreneurship and Engineering Design (CEED)
Develop your entrepreneurial and engineering design skills
CEED offers you engineering design and entrepreneurship education and experience that includes:
- Giving you opportunities throughout your studies to design, build and test products that meet customer needs
- Developing your business acumen by introducing you to essential business concepts and exposing you to industry
- Discovering a better client approach, one that allows the public to discover products and validate the design
- Building your sales and communication skills
- Offering you experiential learning opportunities with industry in the areas of design and prototyping services and commercialization of technologies
The NSERC CEED Chair
An entrepreneurial mindset is essential for every design engineer who seeks to develop innovative products, as well as for anyone wishing to succeed as an intrapreneur or entrepreneur.
Technological intra/entrepreneurship aims at teaching engineers to be better agents of change, either within existing organizations or through new ventures.
Entrepreneurship, both social and for profit, is relevant to all engineering disciplines and—through its integration with design engineering—is an important differentiator for our students.
Here at the Faculty of Engineering, we are focused on developing an entrepreneurial mind set in all our students
NSERC Chair in Entrepreneurial Engineering Design, Professor, and Faculty Coordinator in Entrepreneurship and Innovation