Robotics, machine vision and autonomous systems
Robotics has often been described as the intelligent connection of perception to action. Robot actuators provide the action function. A variety of sensors provide the perception capability. Computational intelligence is needed for a framework to coordinate the perception and action capabilities in a meaningful way. Machine vision is one of the most powerful perception mechanisms. It involves extracting, characterizing and interpreting information from images in order to identify or describe objects in the environment. Autonomous robot systems are designed to operate in uncertain and highly dynamical environments.
The Faculty of Engineering of the University of Ottawa encourages the creation of successful partnerships between industry, business, government and our research community. By collaborating with us, your organization can benefit from various funding opportunities listed below and can also receive huge tax incentives!
- Federal Funding
- Provincial Funding
- Connect Canada
- Other Opportunities
The School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science also conducts research in these additional fields.
- Big Data Management and Analytics
- Bioinformatics and biomedical engineering
- Broadband networks
- Distributed computing and computer architectures
- Electromagnetism, radio-frequencies and microwaves
- Information management and data mining
- Multimedia and interactive virtual environments
- Privacy and security
- Software engineering
- Speech/audio/image/video processing
- Text analysis and machine learning
- Wireless communications
- Wireless networks and mobile computing