Big Data Management and Analytics
The Big Data Management and Analytics group investigates ways to upscale data-driven methods to deal with very large volumes of data in real time. This includes: techniques for data preparation (organization, basic statistics, cleaning, and integration); data mining techniques (pattern mining, classification, clustering, outlier and anomaly detection); model evaluation; data warehousing and multidimensional analysis; data visualization and visual data analytics.
Applications include: information extraction from social media messages, opinion mining from the Web, analysing sensor data for military applications, and data schema harmonization in scientific data sets and retail warehouses.
The Faculty of Engineering of the University of Ottawa encourages the creation of successful partnerships between industry, business, government and our research community. By collaborating with us, your organization can benefit from various funding opportunities listed below and can also receive huge tax incentives!
- Federal Funding
- Provincial Funding
- Connect Canada
- Other Opportunities
Professors of the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science conduct research in these fields
- Bioinformatics and biomedical engineering
- Broadband networks
- Distributed computing and computer architectures
- Electromagnetism, radio-frequencies and microwaves
- Information management and data mining
- Multimedia and interactive virtual environments
- Privacy and security
- Robotics, machine vision and autonomous systems
- Software engineering
- Speech/audio/image/video processing
- Text analysis and machine learning
- Wireless communications
- Wireless networks and mobile computing