Experience your future career and help fund your studies with the CO-OP program
Combine study and work experience
With the Co-operative Education (CO-OP) Program, you can gain hands-on experience in your field of study while you complete your degree. CO-OP can be added to any of the nine undergraduate programs offered by the Faculty.
The University of Ottawa CO-OP program has been running for over 30 years. Now the second largest university program in Ontario and the fifth-largest in Canada, uOttawa CO-OP boasts a very high placement rate.
As a Faculty of Engineering student, you gain significant advantages from the CO-OP program:
- Find work (97% placement rate for students in programs at the School of EECS and a 92% placement rate for students in all other engineering programs)*
- Find an employer in Canadian cities or even abroad from various organizations in the private and public sectors
- Build your professional skills and increase your knowledge
- Network with valuable contacts who can help you kick-start your career
- Benefit from a quality program that meets national criteria and standards and is approved by the Canadian Association for Co-operative Education
- Alternate between work and study terms. Start working in the summer of your second year and then alternate between four-month work and study terms.
*Based on 2013 CO-OP data
Co-op Success Stories
Work | Study Sequences
Sequence 1 - By default, all students follow this sequence. It is possible to adapt this sequence to satisfy your best interests.
|Year of Study||FALL||WINTER||SUMMER|
|4||Work 3||Study||Work 4|