Note that although the course codes may appear in both languages (English/French), the courses in French are not offered at every semester. Also note that courses with fewer than ten (10) registrants will be cancelled.
* 24 credits of non-computing, electives. Students are encouraged to choose 12 course credits of administration, humanities, science or social science courses that relate to the data science domain.
2 9 credits from: CSI4106, CSI4107, CSI4108, CSI4139
For the Extended French Stream program, in addition to the above you will also have to fulfill the following requirements:
- The student must be admitted as an Anglophone in the program; the Admissions officers will ensure that the student is coming from an English high school and the student must pass a French proficiency test.
- The student must complete at least 42 credits in courses whose language of instruction is French. Note that bilingual courses such as research courses, do not count. However if the capstone project is solely completed in French, these credits can be applied against the 42 credits.
- A minimum of 6 credits (within the maximum of 42 credits) must be done in approved, non-technical courses such as Complementary studies courses or electives in the Humanities; it may also include courses within the Faculty of Engineering related to professional development, management and communication.
- 12 credits (within the minimum number of 42 credits) must be done in required first year courses, another 12 credits must be done in required second year courses within the program of study, and another 12 credits must be done in required third year courses within the program of study.
- Students must pass FLS3500. This test ensures that the immersion graduates are indeed fluently bilingual.